Saturday 12 May 2012

Gossip Girl Fashion Inspiration: Rosette Dress and Bridesmaid dresses

Gossip Girl Season 5 Episode 12, The End of the Affair, I loved the title as it spoofed one of my favourite films an Affair to Remember, and the opening sequence of Louis and Chuck in the rain was another great touch. Most of all I loved Blair's red wine coloured rosette dress by Naeem Khan (of Michelle Obama's first state-dinner outfit designer fame). As you can see Hollywood fashion and real life aren't so far apart after all.

naeem khan, rosette dress, blair, gossip girl, hollywood fashion

I haven't been able to find a high-street/cheaper version that I like, but I promise to update this post when I do.

I also loved Serena's Chevron striped coat, it looked really good on her, emphasising her curves and really eyecatching design.Its by Marc Jacobs Jacqueline Coat : $2,345
Serena, coat, Marc Jacob, episode 12, hollywood fashion, chevron striped coat


Then on her wedding day the bridesmaid dresses were gorgeous, I loved the pale peach colour, the chiffon fabric and all the pretty rosettes, although they are a bit puffy,  they would suit you if you are super skinny or flat on your bottom half. With the summer wedding season coming up, I think this post is pretty timely. I know most of you saw this episode on Jaunary 30th when it first aired amid much hype as the 100th episode, but as I download and watch these shows to suit my own schedule- my posts are a bit(!) delayed.

bridesmaid rosette dress, hollywood fashion,The White range, Vera Wang fo Dabids Bridal, Serena miad of honour dress, Vera Wang Farrah gown, Spring 2011

 The short dresses in blush pink are part of the The White range designed by Vera Wang for David's Bridal and retail for $198. Apparently, in the run-up to the episode the web collection sold out within days!

Serena's character as maid of honour,  wore the more expensive Farrah gown also from Vera Wang's 2011 Spring collection but it retails for ....$5,500! I dont't know of any cheaper version yet, but i think I've seen similar stuff in Jeddah's wedding ball gown stores... For me, this dress was love at first sight. I love the layers of organza and metallic tulle, and the corset bodice, shows off her waist and blossom flange skirt adds to the uniqueness.

Gossip girl, Serena, maid if honour dress, hollywood fashion, Vera Wang, Farrah dress, gown, Spring 2011




Now Blair's dress was supposed to be specially designed for her character, and they modified the dress by removing the lace top, I personally think it would have looked more elegant and princess like with it. Without the lace detail it looked very normal. The little bow on the side at the waist is barely noticeable. I know it was specially designed for the character but..I didn't see how it was special.
Blair wedding dress, Vera Wang, Ester Dress, Spring 2011, Chantilly, hollywood fashion lace, Reem Acra Virtue gown

What She's Wearing
Vera Wang Spring 2011 Esther Dress (Lace Top Removed On Blair's)
Edward Berger Bridal Tiara
Similar Styles
Reem Acra Virtue Gown : $2,800.00

Personally, I think Serena looks better than Blair, which I'm surprised Blair allowed to happen..and the producers....I guess maybe that's their way of showing how distracted Blair really is...Blair 's dress is very delicate , you have to really pay attention to notice all  the subtle beatuy of the layers of Chantilly lace appliqué, and the horeshair sash tied at the waist. But Serena's dress just takes your breath away like a dream.


For more fashion posts like this one be sure to follow me on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion Technology offers various courses and programmers in ? Fashion Designing, Fashion Marketing & Merchandising, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete