Tuesday 5 June 2012

Gossip Girl Style Inspiration: Red dress

Dear Readers,

I've finally finished Gossip Girl Season 5, so in the coming few days there will be a few GG fashion related posts. I wasn't too happy with the Season finale, but what can you do except wait for the next season which I've heard maybe the last season with only 11 episodes! GG was my favourite addiction/distraction so I will be sorry when its over, where else will I get my fashion/make-up/hairstyles fix along with crazy plot lines. Sigh!

Anyhow, this post is supposed to dedicated to the red dress that Blair wore on Valentine's day in Episode 15 Crazy, Cupid, Love.

gossip girl, blair, dan, reem acra gown, red dress, valentine's day
Blair and Dan Episode 15 Crazy Cupid Love

The red dress that Blair wore s known as the Reem Acra Resort 2012 Silk Gown, I'm not sure how much it retails for but  judging from the prices of other similar dresses it could be from $3500 to $5500 easily. I love the slacy sleeves and the perdectly fitting wrapped bodice and the tiered layers which together with colour remind me of beautiful red rose- how appropriate for Valentine's Day.

A much cheaper version of the red dress that Blair wore on Valentine's days is this red number by Candela and it retails for only $320, its not as great as the Reem Acra version but a lot more affordable especially if you don't think you'll be wearing it much and you are on a budget.








No comments:

Post a Comment