Tuesday 6 November 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012


Dear Readers,

Its official. I've finally lost my mind. For many years its been touch and go. But finally its happened.I have decided to undertake what is the ultimate challenge for me, and write a 50,000 word novel, in 30 days of November, a rough draft only mind you, totake part in National Novel Writing Month.

All I can say is that I have a vague concept a few scenes only 2300 words, am way behind target, and there is a gaping whole where the plot should be.

So what am I doing blogging. Well it turns out I can write a blog postsuddenly with sero efort, yet typing words in my novel is like trying to perform a tooth extraction on myself sans the anaesthesia!

I procrastinate every which way possible, even cleaning my room seems like a better option than writng my novel, and I'm ashamed to admit I get ideas in the middle of prayer-really need to work on my concentration.

Wish me luck any tips from fellow NaNoWriMo particpants welcome.



2 comments:

  1. Haha! I know, right? Blogging USED to be difficult. After I started this, it got so easy so quickly.

    Here's a great link that helped me "move on" when I got stuck. Hope it helps!

    http://letthewordsflow.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/the-snowflake-method-of-drafting-a-novel/

    Me and some friends get together during the week and write-in. Let me know if you wanna join us sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do NaNoWiMo so bad this year, but I have so much going on :c

    a friend told me that going on Tumblr when he gets stuck with the plot helps a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete