|photo credit: Photography by: Asmaa Mohurji (@Soumz) Source;Geekfest Jeddah facebook page|
I can't wait for the 3rd invite-only GeekFest held in Jeddah with an estimated 100+ attendees
A bit about the event:
When : Held on October 11, 2012 (Thursday) from 5pm to 10pm
Where: Held in one venue (The Store), but in a socially-accepted segregated manner
Theme: Collaboration / Community
Why should you come or key attractions
• A comic-book making workshop will take place with a competition
and the female gaming community in Riyadh.
• All will be shared online on GeekFestʼs Vimeo account for those unable to come to the
• A popular fantasy card game tournament will take place
Food & Beverage
F&B at the event.
a comic-making activity. They have also designed the official posters for GeekFest Gamma.
attendees, as well as a surprise activity where attendees have a chance to win prizes from their
Who can go?
Who are the Geeks?:* are Innovators and Early Adapters (usually of technology)
* maintain an online presence, whether for professional or personal purposes
* dedicate time to learning everything they can about their interests/hobbies
* are proficient in internet culture
* “obsess” over the technical side of things
* have a substantial following on one or more social networks
* are creative and eager to learn new things
* express their opinions online
* have influence in the online Jeddah/Saudi community
* are interested in the science fiction/fantasy/comic book genres, technology, web development,
social media, and gaming (among many others)
* understand, use, and own gadgets
* are quick learners, especially when it comes to technology